Tuesday 5 July 2016

Too Faced Sweet peach palette review

TOO FACED SWEET PEACH PALETTE REVIEW:

I bought this palette back on the 4th of May at Debenhams, and I had seen all the american beauty bloggers rave about this, and since I don't own anything from too faced, I used this as an opportunity to test their shadows, and I have to say I am impressed. The pigmentation of most of the shadows is good, and very buttery, especially the shimmery, satin shades.

This is the box it came in:

The shade names (sorry its upside down1)

It comes with a 'How-to' guide, (again sorry its upside down!)

The box is just quite simple and informative, and I like the fact that it has the shade names on the back which is very helpful.


The outside packaging looked like this:

The front

The back

I love the packaging! Some people may not like it as it is a bit gimmicky, and doesn't exactly look high end, but I absolutely adore it. The front has little peach shapes poking out, and it looks so cool, and the back just has ingredients on it. The tin can be a bit flimsy, and I worry that the lid will fall off when I travel, but that is the only bad thing to this packaging in my opinion.


These are the shade and swatches:

The full palette

The first 9 shades 

The last 9 shades

all of them in shade

all of them in sunlight

L-R (white peach, nectar, peaches and cream)

L-R (luscious, cobbler, georgia)

L-R ( just peachy, candied peach, caramelized) 

L-R (bless her heart, bellini, puree)

L-R (tempting, peach pit, summer yum)

L-R (charmed I'm sure, delectable, talk derby to me)
The quality of these eyeshadows, as mentioned, are incredible. Although, shades like 'delectable' and 'Talk derby to me' are not very pigmented and hard to work with. Thankfully I don't tend to use shades like that as I like toned down more natural looks, and I only really use black shadows as liner. Speaking of black shadows, 'tempting' is a good one for liner as it is fairly opaque, but it stays. Shades like 'luscious' are creamy and pigmented, and I apply them with my finger and they go onto my lid very smoothly and pigmented. My favourite matte shade is 'charmed, I'm sure' for my outer v, as it is not as red as the others, and can be used very easily. I also use the shade white peach to set my eye primer, and also to higlight the inner corners and the browbone. I do use some of the peachy tones but only one at a time maybe on the lid to give some colour, I mainly use 'bellini'.

Altogether, I really like this palette, as there is variety within it, there are peach and pink colours, browns, whites and yellows, and the darker purples and a black. There are also matte and satin finishes on the different shadows. I do reach for this palette a lot.

I hope you enjoyed this review,

xoxo,
Izzy

No comments:

Post a Comment